Snack and Treats – and if you’re anything like us, you will know how comforting it is to sit down and tuck into some naughty.
Yet that something naughty always comes with consequences.
Too much sugar – you feel all edgy and get headaches.
Too much carbs – you feel sluggish and slow and just wanna sleep.
Too much of anything – you walk around, beating yourself up inside, wishing you hadn’t done it.
So we always like to find ways to make ourselves – OK, and our guests – treats that we can snack on during those times when we feel peckish that won’t leave us feeling guilty and won’t feel us feeling sluggish and slow.
We want things, yes – want, that will not only taste good, but that are good for us yet feel like they’ve come out of the naughty box.
Being creative and inventive, we like to try out different ingredients whilst doing our best to create things that are also suitable for people with allergies and intolerances and with a simple aim this year to getting people to eat more #plantbased meals, we found that the balance of cranberries, dates and chocolate create a really nice flavour.
So ! Why not give them a go !
AND ! If you have kids, these are great for their lunch boxes for school and we know because we sent our Jeroen’s kids to school with a few and they loved them.
Enjoy and let us know what you think by commenting below.
- 100g Dates (without pits)
- 75g Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 50g Cranberries
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 50ml Hot Water
- 3 tbsp Protein Powder
- Soak the dates in hot water and set aside to soften.
- Place sunflower seeds, cacao nibs and chia seeds in a heated frying pan and toast until the sunflower seeds start to brown and the chia seeds start to pop.
- Pour toasted seeds into a food processor and blend until they break down. Set aside.
- Place cranberries in food processor. Blend until they form a ball, add to the toasted seeds and mix well.
- Remove dates from hot water and roughly chop.
- Place coconut oil, water and dates in food processor and blend until they form a smooth, creamy “jam.”
- Pour into bowl with other ingredients, add protein powder and mix well.
- Roll into balls and finish off by either rolling them in cacao powder, drizzling with melted chocolate or dipping in melted chocolate and topping with chopped mint.
- Put in fridge and allow to “set.”
The balls will keep for up to 3 weeks if stored in an air-tight container in the fridge but for us, well, they never seem to last that long.
And if you wanna watch our video for it, head on over to our YouTube Channel and take a look. make sure you SUBSCRIBE to say up-to-date too.
D-Toxd is a small and intimate Health Retreat based on the Costa Blanca in Spain with one simple aim – to help people live healthier and happier lives each day. Whether you want to lose weight, get fitter, take time out or simply feel better about yourself, our Program is there to help YOU.
Clink on this link to sign up for our A to Z Guide For Healthy Living – a simply guide to removing excuses, living healthier, being happier and making the most of every moment.
Or simply head on over to one of our Virtual Online Homes
Facebook – @dtoxdliving
Instagram – @dtoxdliving
Twitter – @dtoxdliving
YouTube – Subscribe to our Channel