*** Breaking Down The Manifesto – Today’s #getbalance Bite ***
We all need it and too often, we don’t get enough of it.
When some people come spend time with us, they find that they don’t realize how tired they are until they arrive.
And then, when they find themselves sleeping in, they apologize for missing the morning yoga or walk and it makes us smile.
Because if they’ve missed the yoga or the walk it means one thing – they’ve had a great night’s sleep and haven’t wanted to get out of bed because its been so comfortable and for us, we don’t have NO problem with that.
It’s great to have a busy social life, visiting family and friends but it is also vital to make sure that we are getting regular QUALITY rest.
So we thought we’d share a few of our suggestions for when it comes to that “end of the day” period where rest begins.
- Switch off Social Media at least an hour before you get into bed – that way, you give your mind time to unwind rather than staying caught up in everything that is going on in the online world. The same applies for e-mails – leave them until the morning !
- Get yourself into a regular bedtime routine. Set a time that you’re going to start your “right, time for be routine” and stick to it.
- Avoid that post-dinner slump – you know, the one where you’ve had a great meal and start nodding off on the couch in front of the TV. And try not to have your dinner too late.
- Take a hot bath or shower about 90 minutes before you get into bed. And if you’re gonna take a bath, use a lavender scented oil to help you relax even more.
- Make sure you have good bedding – a good mattress and a decent pillow goes a long way towards helping you sleep better.